Wednesday 23 May 2012

Prayer Letter April-May 2012



Dear friends,
You will have recently read news from us on our new theological school in Kisumu. We would not like to send too much too frequently your way as we understand something of how busy life is. However, we appreciate your interest in our work and would like to periodically update you on what is going on for your continued prayers.
On the church front, though there is nothing adventurous to report at the moment, we are steadily conscious of the Lord’s faithfulness which is new every morning. I continue to meet with the three young men in the ‘preachers’ class’ once a week. Julius and T. Olenyo are steadily growing in their leadership and teaching ability. Please pray for them.
Last month, a Girl’s Secondary school called me for a thanksgiving service after the school received improved grades in their exam results. I preached from Psalm 124 and Psalm 72. Helida addressed the girls and the teachers then I preached and prayed. More opportunities may come in the future, so please pray about that.
The week I was in Kisumu for the launch of our new theological school, I received an urgent phone call from one of the Colleges back in Eldoret inviting me to preach to the students and staff and to pray for them. So I had to leave for Eldoret shortly before the Kisumu programme was over. I had problems on the road with the car but eventually arrived and together with Helida we went to the College. Two students had died and three others admitted with partial blindness and other complications after a laboratory accident. Though I had previously preached in the College, the attendance was unique with a very large number of students and staff attentively listening. I was reminded of the psalmist’s words: Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep your word...It was good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. Since that day, I am making some contact with a couple of students. Please pray with us that good may come from all this.
The University student ministry which has been silent since December is set to resume with the reopen in May. We have kept good communication with some of the students while they are away. One of them has been living in Kisumu and attending Grace Baptist Church there. Please pray for them.
We acknowledge the power of the gospel and long to see its effect as it changes people’s lives. However, in recent weeks, we have witnessed other powerful phenomenon; that of hailstones and fire. Our marquee (Tent of meeting) has seen its good days. It recently rained with hailstones which left gaping holes on the roof. We are therefore planning to replace the same. It is gratifying that the members have seen the desperate need at hand and are determined to raise whatever funds they can and however long it takes towards the replacement and so make sure that the rains do not interfere with the meetings. The other matter is that fire recently razed down workshops and business shades of an industrial area of Eldoret. One of our members lost literally everything and has to restart from scratch. Please pray for him and the family.
By grace,
Naphtally Ogallo

No comments:

Post a Comment